Facilities & Properties
Teaching/Research Facilities On-Campus:
CABNR Student Center
- A college based student services facility located within the Fleishmann Agicultural
- Center for Economic Development
- established in the fall of 1992 in response to the growing need within the state
for economic development research, technical assistance and educational services.
The UCED's primary objective is fostering economic development throughout Nevada
by making the extensive resources of the University of Nevada, Reno available to
organizations and areas that can benefit from job and income creation and job retention
- Nevada Agricultural Experiment Station
- NAES exists to develop technology which will enhance the efficiency of agriculture,
forest and rangeland industries, helping both the rural and urban population through
improved health and quality of life, and conserve our environmental resources.
- Nevada Genomics Center
- provides genomic services for the state of Nevada
- Nevada IDeA Network of Biomedical Research
Excellence - provide research support services, training, and equipment
for Nevada's biomedical investigators.
- Reno Herbarium
- site dedicated to the preservation of Nevada and Great Basin plants.
- UNR Libraries - The University's
main library (Getchell) and six science libraries.
Teaching/Research Facilities Off-Campus:
In most parks and natural areas, regulations discourage or prohibit collecting specimens,
manipulating habitats, and disturbing plants and animals. While such restrictions
can be important in protecting the integrity of the environment, they also make
it difficult, if not impossible, to conduct many types of scientific activities.
Field Stations provide us with a place to study nature with fewer distractions and
greater flexibility - a place where you can establish experiments without worrying
about someone pulling up your survey flags, stepping on your study organisms, or
walking away with your expensive data logger.
Therefore, it is no surprise that field stations have been at the forefront of agricultural,
biological and natural resource research and education for more than a century.
Below you will find a links to CABNR's current properties.
Gund Ranch, Eureka County, Nevada
Jay Dow Sr. Wetlands, Herlong, California
Main Station Field Lab, Reno, Nevada
Gray Ranch, Reno, Nevada
Newlands Research Center, Fallon, Nevada
Valley Road Field Lab, Reno, Nevada